Please read the following guidelines closely before proceeding:
- Add the word ‘private’ to each tip to keep threads tidy.
- All tips of any size are welcome in this thread.
- If you don’t want to tip or be tipped, you should just steer clear.
- Share anything notable that people will find tip-worthy, even bitcoin questions.
- Please don’t use throwaway accounts. Have some decency!
- Show us your custom monikers! But please, keep them tasteful and safe for work.
- This isn’t about collecting tips. It’s about giving tips.
Here’s some general tipping etiquette to get the most out of your tips:
- Do your very best to make tips of notable amounts. It’s just better that way.
- If somebody clearly does not want to be tipped, do not tip them, even as a joke.
- Do not engage in drive-by tipping sprees. Instead, share some insight, then leave a tip at the end.
- Different communities have different minimum tip standards.
- All tip amounts are welcome in /r/ChangeTip and /r/BitTippers. Go subscribe!
- In /r/Bitcoin, we need to aim for at least 100 bits, but preferably more like $.25 or $1.00, or even more.
- When tipping anywhere else on reddit, I cannot stress enough how important it is to tip at least $1.00, because any less will almost always leave a bad impression since they’re most likely not accustomed to microtransactions.
Now that we’re all all on the same page, let’s have some fun! And remember: TIP IT FORWARD!