How are you all? How is your fall season going?
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Victoria van Eyk and I just got on board with ChangeTip to work on Community Development. My first day was last Friday, and I’m already totally in love with the team/role/office/community.
A bit about me… I got into bitcoin in January, and my biggest love has been social tipping (and remittances, too — micro-remittances ftw!) I was a contributor for Bitcoin Magazine, CoinDesk and, recently, CoinTelegraph. I also started BSG (btcsg) – a strategy group for people in bitcoin who wanted to work together on joint projects.
I love Bitcoin. I’m pretty obsessed with it. But most of all I’m obsessed with the small casual payments that Satoshi Nakamoto talked about Bitcoin enabling.
I truly, truly believe that this technology and focus on micropayments will – and is – changing our world. I love the idea of reworking:
- charitable donations;
- content appreciation (and advertisement disruption),
- microwork (my customer service guy gave me amazing service, so I can send him .50c or $1.00 for that – win-win-win);
- Internet of things — I want to print something, so I’ll pay x amount to print it off someone else’s printer, etc.
- Tipping people whose lives rely on tips form others… servers, bouncers, bartenders, even homeless people…? (Big thinking)
- Helping artists make money without relying on a few patrons? See my article here… http://ift.tt/1pwFMyb]
It goes on, and on, and on. I dream of social tipping…#addicted
In any case, I love people, I love bitcoin and I want bitcoin to be everywhere. I am also a n00b when it comes to reddit, so.. please be patient with me as I learn the ropes/find my legs.
Bitcoin and its related tech. will change the world, and it will be accomplished with us working together. I’m here to help us do that in whatever way we need.
If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here to help.