There are a few post here already, I cannot comment every of them, so here is post clarifying this information.
I’m Ukrainian and I can read National Bank of Ukraine website and their original posting. So.
- They did not ban Bitcoin.
- They stated that Bitcoin is not regulated by them or anybody and they cannot guarantee safety of funds or operations.
- They stated that Bitcoin is often used for illegal activities (ahem Silk Road ahem).
- They pointed out that only legal currency for payment for goods and services inside Ukraine is Hryvnia (UAH). It always was that way. So you cannot slap anything on price tag in the shop except UAH. Same for other officially documented prices or contracts.
- They asked citizens to be vigilante for scams when using Bitcoins. And you should be!
So, basically they said: Government doesn’t give a damn if you lose all your money using Bitcoins. And you should not use anything other than UAH for your business records and official prices and tax records.