Here are some of the big developments I am seeing. Feel free to add or object to any of these.
- BitLicense seems to be close to completion and regulations are breaking favorably in the direction of bitcoin…I expect dissent on this one.
- Price seems to have hit a bottom after the BearWhale incident.
- Venture capital money continues to pour in.
- Daily transactions volume is rising.
- Changetip is going viral…maybe not the first killer app but a killer app nonetheless.
- Its becoming easier than every to acquire bitcoins…Coinbase, circle.
- Bitpay is building an ApplePay competitor for NFC payments….I’ve used ApplePay and its great…QR codes are not the answer long term.
- Merchant acceptance continues to grow
- SideChains offer a path forward for alt coins within the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- The Bitcoin ETFs are coming and institutional interest is rising.
Compare this to where we were a year ago and its quite an achievement.